TOP 15 BABY PRODUCTS
This list looks different for everyone but these are the baby products that we use/used the most. Of course, there are many items that I left off – toys, foods, etc. I tried to limit this list to the main products I feel like we really could not live without.
These are in no specific order.
- The Owlet – I didn’t register for The Owlet because I honestly didn’t think we needed it. I had heard that people got false alarms, that it was hard to put on, etc. After 3 months of not sleeping, I was desperate. Joe ran to target to grab one and we haven’t gone a day without since. IT IS A MUST. Not only does it give me some peace about SIDS but I have loved being able to see his oxygen levels during cold, flu, and RSV season. Oh, and we’ve never received any false alarms or anything. I can even check on his sleep while out at night when he stays with my mom.
- Dock A Tot – We loved the Dock A Tot so much. I know many people have switched to the Snuggleme which also looks amazing. It wasn’t as popular when Weston was born. Weston loved his dock so much that I often made jokes we would need to get one for him to take to college one day. This is one that I also thought would be overrated but it was everything to us!
- Dr. Browns Bottles – Really just any bottle that works for you! We tried several and Dr. Browns were the best for us. I register for 4 popular ones and we just played around with them until finding what worked best. We love Dr. Browns. Some of my friends love Como Tomo too! Just find one that works for you.
- Copper and Pearl Swaddle Blankets – Some babies love to be swaddled and some don’t. When Weston was a newborn he LOVED to be swaddled. We were gifted so many different brand of swaddles at our shower but we constantly washed and used the Copper and Pearl ones. The material is perfect and stays put. We loved the hats as well! Anything Copper and Pearl is a must. Remember that they do grow out of being swaddled pretty quick so you don’t need a ton.
- Cloud Island Pajamas – We love our fancy pajamas like Kyte Baby, Lou Lou and Company, and Kickee Pants but those are $30 a pop! So our everyday, go to was and is Cloud Island. They LIVE in PJs and grow out of them so fast. I had no idea how many PJs we would need. Cloud Island is sold at Target in packs of 3 for $12. They are comfy, cute, AND zip from the top down making middle of the night diaper changes super easy! I’m so sad because Weston is now in the biggest size they make.
- Hatch Baby Rest – The best sound machine ever. My mom uses the Marpac one and the Hatch is way better – it is SO MUCH louder. It is also a night light and can be controlled by your phone. We also could not live without this portable one. We used to put it in Westons carseat for dinners and car rides. He would sleep through everything with it on.
- Uppababy Stroller System – We love UB but there are so many stroller options. My advice is to get one that is easy for you to work. I love that my carseat just snaps right into the stroller and that this stroller will grow with us. It fits 2, even 3 kids. It is so easy for me to use and I think it is the best.
- Love to Dream Sleep Sack – Can’t say enough good things about these sleep sacks. Weston started busting out of his swaddles in the night at about 3 weeks. He started to demand that his arms be up by his face. This sleep sack allows the arms to be up so he LOVED it! AND it is super safe for them to sleep in. Seriously loved it! We used it until he could roll.
- Halo Bassinet – Really just a bassinet in general. We loved the Halo because it pulls right up to the bed. I will probably use it for all of my babies. However, it is expensive and Weston grew out of it at like 3 months. So don’t feel like you MUST spend the money on the Halo but you do need a bassinet in your room. And one that pulls up to your bedside is amazing.
- Fisher Price Baby Bouncer/ Swing – So we had this bouncer and used it SO MUCH! We loved it. However, since having Weston Fisher Price came out with a new swing that we would’ve loved. I recommend getting the swing. In my opinion, the Mamaroo is sooo overrated. Weston did not like it and it’s so expensive.
- Boon Drying Rack – I got this because all my friends had it and did not think we would really need it. I was wrong. We still use this thing to keep all of our bottles on. In fact, when I asked Joe what our most used items were this was his number one.
- Monitor – We use Infact Optics and love it. We can look all around his room with it and see him perfectly. I know the new thing is to use one that connects to your iPhone but I did not want that. Having to check my phone in the night to see what he’s up to seemed not ideal. Not to mention, what if my phone died? or wifi went out? I just didn’t like that idea. We love ours.
- Fisher Price Kick n Play Mat – This mat is not the cutest, color neutral one that I always thought we’d have but he LOVED IT! This thing bought me so much time. He started playing on it ASAP and loved it for months.
- Angelcare Bath Tub – This tub is affordable and great. Keep in mind that it’s for the tub, not the sink. If you want one for the sink this is not the one for you. I loved how easy it is! When he started sitting up we switched to this one!
- Skiphop Portable Changing Mat – This thing is awesome. Weston and I are always on the go. Public changing tables gross me out and some places don’t even have them. I have taken this thing out everywhere for diaper changes. I do not leave without it.