For the mommas!
So, I reached out to my aunt for tips on this guide. I feel like I never know what to buy my mom. One of her tips was to buy moms something that they wouldn’t go buy themselves… so sure, mom probably has a ton of dishes and pots, but does she have super pretty pot or platter? Those are items that moms don’t go splurge on for themselves.
The items above are linked below.. I also included links to more so keep reading.
- A giant Candle – Y’all… like giant. This looks average sized in the photo but it’s huge. If your mom is always buying candles this is the one for her. Also, take a look at this giant candle and this one.
- Robe – This isn’t your average robe… this is a Barefoot Dreams robe. The softest material you will ever find. Another more affordable option is this waffle knit (cooler for summer) and THIS ONE is freaking amazing.
- PJs – I love these.
- Heated Blanket – For the cozy mommas.. this blanket heats up.
- Sprocket – This is a photo printer. It’s tiny, portable, and prints high quality images on photo paper from your phone. It’s for the momma who always wants printed pictures but a. never has time to do it or b. doesn’t want to upload them onto her computer etc. It’s 2017 people.
- Roomba – My siblings and I pitched in and got my mom one for Mothers Day and she uses it daily.
- Crossbody Bag – Any momma needs a nice new crossbody bag for on the go. Click here for more options.
- Bissell Handheld Vacuum – My aunt wants this… she has a puppy who sheds. This is super nifty for mommas with pups or babies in the car sitting on goldfish in their seats.
- Milk Frother – No, I’m not crazy… this is for mommas who love lattes. You don’t need a fancy coffee maker to make a latte but you need a frother. Just heat the milk and BAM LATTE.
- Slippers – These are durable and have a hard bottom. Ideal for running around the house or maybe to the store… haha (I’m not above it). Other options here and here.
- Le Creuset – For allll da mommas. Anything from here. More affordable option here.
- Weekend Bag – For the momma that travels. I love this one. It’s pretty, a great price, and has a spot for shoes underneath.
- A Beautiful Serving Platter – Can’t go wrong with a gorgeous serving platter. More options here.
For the Dads!
Here are a few things that I picked for the dads. I also looked at tons of articles to see what dads are wanting this year as well as included a few gifts that I have gotten my dad in years past.
- Slippers – Not just for the mommas. Don’t tell but my dad LOVES a good pair of slippers. More options here.
- Smart Light Switches – For the techy dad. My aunt said that this was on my uncles list and they’re a thing rn. Turn your lights off from bed? Yes, please.
- Ring Doorbell Camera – All the rage rn… more options here.
- Bose Speaker – For the patio chillin dad. We got my dad ones of these for Fathers Day and he seriously loves it… he even packed it for the beach when we went to Hawaii. It’s another gift I split with the sibs. HUGE WIN. More options here.
- Barware Set – For the bartending dad. My dad and husband would love this. They love making cool cocktails on the weekend.
- Weekend Bag – For the travelin dad. This Kenneth Cole bag is a steal rn. Be sure to use the code for 30% off.
- Headphones – For dads who fly often, like to lay in bed and listen to news (my dad), or mow the lawn with music. I hear and read that these are the best. More options here.
- Ninja Coffee Maker – For the coffee drinkin dad. I have this and love it.
- Cigar Set Holder – For the cigar smokin dad. My fav gift. I just bought it for my dad. It holds cigars and has a cigar cuter in it. So nice.
- Wireless Drill – Another suggestion from my aunt that dads always want and don’t realize they need it until they NEED it. My husband actually needs and wants this.
- Traeger Smoker/Grill – For the BBQin dad. My sibs and I went in and got this for my dad last Christmas… he uses it weekly. It’s a smoker and a grill. Which is amazing. More options here.
- Drone – For the dad who want toys. I know nothing about drones but this one has a good rating on Amazon and it’s affordable. It would be fun for dads to play with on Christmas especially if you have brothers/ family over.
I hope this was as helpful to you as it is for me this holiday season.